The review, through its publications, seeks to generate interest for a better understanding of the diverse areas of law and to provide a national and international forum for debate on its comparative, analytical aspects and issues. As such, submissions are invited on the contemporary areas of law and legal practice, as well as interdisciplinary topics
ARTICLES (5000-7000 WORDS EXCLUSIVE OF FOOTNOTES) –Article should provide an in-depth study in the contemporary legal issue. We intend to incorporate critical analysis and original assertions on the said issue.
SHORT ARTICLES (3000-5000 WORDS EXCLUSIVE OF FOOTNOTES)–Short articles should include condensed study in the contemporary legal issue. The nature of the writing should preferably include descriptive analysis and informed comments on any new ideas and perspectives.
BOOK REVIEW (1200-1500 WORDS EXCLUSIVE OF FOOTNOTES) –Book reviews should incorporate critical examination of a book pertaining to law, published two years preceding the release of the current issue of KSLR. All the book reviews must embody an assessment of ideas promoted by the author of the book from the point of view of originality, extent of analysis and quality.
CASE COMMENTS (2500-4000 WORDS EXCLUSIVE OF FOOTNOTES) –Case comments should include interpretation of any landmark judicial pronouncement in any contemporary legal issue. Brief information regarding contribution to and digression from the existing laws will be appreciated.
LEGISLATIVE BRIEFS (MAXIMUM 2500 WORDS EXCLUSIVE OF FOOTNOTES) –Legislative briefs seek to determine the implication of any existing or proposed Indian legislation (both Central/State). Author(s) may focus on any specific section/s or present an overview of the legislation.
Submission to the KIIT Student Law Review [Volume VII] should adhere to the following guidelines:
- All articles and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- The submissions are to be made only in Microsoft Word Format (.docx or .doc files) by sending an email at email@example.com. Emails must mention the Subject: “KSLR Volume 7 Submission:” followed by title of the paper. Soft copies should be submitted by July 20th 2019.
- Heading will be formatted with font size 14 in Times New Roman and Bold. Sub-headings will be formatted with font size 12 in Times New Roman and Bold. The body of the writing will be formatted with font size 12 in Times New Roman. Footnotes shall follow the line spacing of 1 and the rest of the manuscript shall follow the line spacing of 1.5.
- The word limits are exclusive of footnotes and only footnotes are to be used and not endnotes or bibliography. The citation style to be preferred would be The Harvard Bluebook 20th edition.
- Co-authorship is permissible up to a maximum of two.
- The submissions will undergo a double blind peer-review process; therefore, the author/s shall not disclose their identities anywhere in the body of the manuscript.
- The submission shall also contain a separate Cover Letter in the body of the email enumerating the following details:
- Name of the author(s)
- Address of the author(s)
- Phone Numbers of the author(s)
- Title of the manuscript
- Submission Category – (Example – Article/ Short Article/ Book Review)
- Name of the institution
- Year of study (in case of a student)/ Designation (in other cases)
- Email address(s)
- The Author(s) shall have to send a Declaration [as a separate attachment] as to that the work has not been published anywhere else and has not been submitted for publication elsewhere. For any issues arising in contravention to such declaration, the KIIT Student Law Review, and Editorial Board shall not be liable. The author shall be personally liable for his or her actions or omissions. The declaration should be a scanned document in PDF or Image (.jpg or .jpeg) formats containing such above-mentioned declaration.
- The submission must be an original unpublished work. There is a zero tolerance policy against plagiarism, and the articles sufficiently plagiarised shall be summarily rejected.
- The Editorial Board holds the power to disqualify any author’s work that is in non-compliance to these guidelines and also, holds the final copyright and all other rights regarding the work that is published after receiving such approval for publication and transfer of such rights from the author(s).
- The authors whose papers are published will each receive a paperback hard copy of the journal mailed to the address they provide.